Monday, June 11, 2012

Chipotle Chicken And Jalapeno Scrambled Eggs with Swiss and 3 Pepper Jack Cheeses

I'm pretty creative, and fat. That leads to some interesting things going down in the kitchen. Sometimes it leads to an entire meal in the trash, but it often leads to things that taste pretty damn good. Someday I'll share my accidental chicken and black bean magic, but today it's another meal that falls into the category of accidentally awesome. 

I'll often just hit the fridge and start looking through whatever I have and randomly deciding on things that I think will taste good together. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes magic happens. If you like spicy, you'll likely agree this one ended up pretty awesome.

In the picture is a pretty damn simple scrambled eggs. A lot of people add milk or water to scrambled eggs, personally I don't get it. I guess it makes the eggs lighter or something, but as I've mentioned I'm no pro. I leave the water and or milk out and just scramble eggs in butter with whatever ingredients I want to include.

In the eggs there's the new Boar's Head Chipotle Chicken, the new Boar's Head 3 Pepper Colby Jack and a basic aged Swiss. If you'd rather use an amazing Swiss, for me, nothing compares to Boar's Head's Gold Label Swiss. Other than those meats and cheeses, all there is on that plate is 4 eggs and some jalapenos from my mom's garden. Although, I should probably call it my step dad's garden since he does all the work! I often use pepper in my eggs, but I didn't think it was necessary this time. I never add salt. While I'm untrained and slightly stupid, I'm a pretty damn good cook, and I never use salt. Don't ask me why, I just don't usually find I need it.

Let me know if you try this or any of my recipes or suggested restaurants. Also if you're a sports fan, check out my podcast and sports blog for 620 WDAE, the Animal on the Street and make sure to follow me on Twitter for all my random thoughts on sports food or whatever else pops into my noggin.

2 comments:

  1. Punks use water or milk. Add Heavy Cream or half and half (modest amount) and some salt to the mix. Most importantly, run, don't walk and get the latest George Foreman grill with the interchangeable surfaces (http://www.officemax.com/catalog/images/209x186/22432431i_01.jpg) The griddle attachment allows a perfect, albeit square omelet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heave Cream huh? I'll give that a try. I love me some heavy cream.

    ReplyDelete